Free Alternative to Office Productivity Tools: Apache OpenOffice – formerly known as OpenOffice.org – is an open source office productivity software suite containing word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics, formula editor and database management. It can be downloaded and used completely free of charge for any purpose.
OpenOffice is available in many languages, works on all popular computers, stores data in ODF format – the international open standard format – and is able to read and write files in other formats, including the format used by the most common office suites. OpenOffice is also able to export files in PDF format. OpenOffice has supported extensions, similar to Mozilla Firefox, which makes it easy to add new functionality to an existing OpenOffice installation.
Compatible with other major office suites, Apache OpenOffice can be downloaded, used and distributed for free. Download it now and get:
- Writer – a word processor you can use for everything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.
- Calc – a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyze and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling charts.
- Impress – the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations.
- Draw – lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
- Base – allows you to manipulate databases transparently. Create and edit tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within Apache OpenOffice.
- Maths – allows you to create math equations with a graphical user interface or by typing your formulas directly into the equation editor.
Download: Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 | 136.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Apache OpenOffice for MacOS | 169.0 MB
View: OpenOffice website | Release Notes | Screenshot
Get notified of all our software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware