SANTA CLARA, Calif .– (BUSINESS WIRE) – November 29, 2021–
DataStax today reported strong momentum in the third quarter as more businesses around the world harness the power of Astra DB’s enterprise serverless cloud database to harness the real-time data that drives their activities. Astra DB is built on Apache Cassandra, ™ the world’s most scalable database and recognized as the NoSQL enterprise standard (non-relational).
During the Company’s third quarter, which ended October 31, 2021, leading companies in the United States, Europe, Asia and Africa including Axway, GrubHub, M&T Bank, Brand Networks, Alpha Ori Technologies, Blue Yonder, Bridge Diagnostics, Inc., Foundry Digital, Insurance & Mobility Solutions (IMS), Mapped Inc, Proquest LLC, and Tala have chosen DataStax to rapidly build and modernize the data-driven applications that power their businesses. With the DataStax open stack, any organization can easily take advantage of proven open source software, including Apache Cassandra and Apache Pulsar ™ delivered on Kubernetes ®, to leverage data in motion and data at rest to deploy rich and engaging applications at large scale.
What customers are saying about DataStax
- GrubHub is part of Just Eat Takeaway.com, one of the world’s leading online food delivery marketplaces, and improves food ordering through innovative catering technology, easy-to-use platforms and an enhanced delivery experience.
“GrubHub uses DataStax Enterprise and Apache Cassandra (with DataStax Luna) as the basis of our technology platform. This has allowed us to scale to deliver thousands of orders per minute. The ease of reliability, performance and scalability with DSE and Cassandra make it an ideal tool for us to grow and deliver an exceptional experience to our restaurants and diners.
– John Clark, Site Reliability Engineering Director, GrubHub
- Alpha Ori Technologies develops real-time data solutions for maritime transport. “By going serverless with DataStax Astra DB, we have reduced the operating costs of our Cassandra database platform by an order of ten. It is a brilliant choice because it evolves on demand when we have to embark 300 vessels in our systems in a single day. With Astra DB, we achieve high read and write throughput for 5,000 data points collected from each vessel every 30 seconds, allowing us to quickly deliver analytics and alerts for predictive maintenance, fuel savings, improved asset utilization and more.
– Praveen Viswanath, co-founder and company architect, Alpha Ori Technologies
- Brand Networks, LLC provides data-driven advertising and social marketing technologies to corporate clients. “DataStax Astra DB is a managed, cost-effective Cassandra solution to support our platform as we develop increasingly sophisticated AI-based solutions for customers around the world. With the distributed scalability and speed of Astra DB in all regions, we can deliver fast and accurate recommendations triggered by real-time event data, helping our clients build meaningful relationships with their employees and their clients.
– Jeremiah Frick, Technical Director, Brand networks
Since DataStax launched Astra DB, the first open, multicloud serverless database as a service, a little over a year ago, it has seen strong adoption. This is the second quarter in a row that Astra DB has contributed more than 25% of the company’s new annual recurring revenue (ARR). In addition, the company’s recent launch of Apache Pulsar-based Astra Streaming is attracting significant market interest, especially from Apache Kafka users looking for more modern event streaming technology. and scalable to create responsive applications that drive customer engagement.
“I couldn’t be more proud of the entire team behind our growth as we continue to be obsessed with the customers who rely on us to help them manage the data that runs their businesses,” said Chet Kapoor, President – Managing Director of DataStax. “We are relentless in our quest to help businesses change their trajectories with engaging and interactive data-driven applications that have the power to drive innovation and growth. “
Other recent DataStax highlights:
- Astra DB multi-region unveiled, the first production serverless database for multiple regions and on multiple clouds
- Launched GraphQL API allowing developers to query multiple relational and NoSQL databases and build modern applications on Apache Cassandra faster and easier
- Announcing a new gRPC API that makes it easy for developers to build high-performance microservices applications that query Cassandra. The API is available with JSON, REST and GraphQL APIs in the open source Stargate data gateway, designed to prepare Cassandra for developers and to interact with data at scale
- Expanded global presence with new office and general manager in Beijing, China and new head for Latin America from Brazil
- Announcing the Availability of the K8ssandra Open Source Data Platform for Kubernetes on VMWare Marketplace
DataStax provides an open, multi-cloud data stack based on Apache Cassandra ™, the world’s most scalable database. The company’s flagship offering is Astra DB, the industry’s first open, multi-cloud serverless database. Built on a modern Kubernetes-based architecture, Astra DB offers an unprecedented combination of pay-as-you-go data, streamlined operations, and the freedom of multi-cloud and open source. DataStax also offers Astra Streaming, a multi-cloud messaging and event streaming platform based on Apache Pulsar ™.
With DataStax, any developer or business can now deploy data at scale, with 100% availability, at a lower cost. Today, nearly 500 of the world’s most demanding businesses and half of the Fortune 100 companies rely on DataStax to power modern data applications, including The Home Depot, T-Mobile, and Intuit.
© 2021 DataStax, All rights reserved. DataStax is a registered trademark of DataStax, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and / or other countries.
Apache, Apache Cassandra, Cassandra, Apache Pulsar, Pulsar, and Apache Kafka are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation or its subsidiaries in Canada, the United States and / or other countries.
See the source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211129005315/en/
CONTACT: Arlene Go
KEYWORD: CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: INTERNET SECURITY DATA MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY SOFTWARE
SOURCE: DataStax, Inc.
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 11/29/2021 11:00 a.m. / DISC: 11/29/2021 11:02 a.m.