Download Windows 10 ISO Images with Latest Updates
Windows 10 ISO images (Version 21H2 / November 2021 Update) are available for download via Microsoft’s website.
Windows 10 ISO with the latest cumulative update applied is available in all editions, languages and two formats (64-bit and 32-bit), according to the tech giant.
Windows 10 version 21H2 update was released in November 2021 and Microsoft has confirmed that the update is now widely available. This means that most users see it when they manually check for updates. If you don’t see the update, you can download Windows 10 (version 21H2) ISOs to update devices immediately or do a clean install.
To download the ISO file for Windows 10 November 2021 Update (Version 21H2) from the Microsoft website, you have two options: change your browser’s user agent for direct downloads or try Media Creation Tool .
Direct Download Windows 10 21H2 ISO Files from Microsoft
For those who need the ISO image immediately, follow the guide to get direct download links (valid for all editions) to download Windows 10 November 2021 Update:
- Windows 10 21H2 English (all editions) 64 bit – 5.8 GB.
- Windows 10 21H2 English (all editions) 32 bit – 3.9 GB.
Links generated from Microsoft servers will expire automatically after 24 hours of creation and it is recommended to complete the download within a day by following the steps given below.
In this guide, we will highlight step-by-step instructions to download Windows 10 ISO files and apply the upgrade manually.
How to Download Windows 10 ISO with Latest Updates
To download the latest Windows 10 ISO image, follow these steps:
- Open the default web browser. In this guide we use Chromium (Chrome)
- In Chromium (Chrome, Edge, etc), click on the three dots menu (…).
- Click on More tools.
- Click on development tools.
- This will open the developer window on the right side.
- Head to the Microsoft Download Center with the developer window open.
- In the Developer window, click the three dots menu (…).
- In the Network Conditions pane, find the user agent.
- Disable automatic user agent selection.
- Select the mobile browser by clicking on “Customize…”.
- For example, you can select “Chrome iPad” or “Chrome Android”.
- You must select a mobile device as the user agent because Microsoft offers media files only when the website is accessed on a non-Windows 10 device.
- Press CTRL+F5 to open the Download Center in your new user agent. Do not close the developer window.
- If you have followed the steps correctly, you will see it”Download Windows 10 Disk Image (ISO File)” page.
- Below ‘Select edition‘, select ‘Windows 10 November 2021 Update‘ .
- Select the language of your ISO.
- Select 32-bit or 64-bit. It makes a pretty big difference, so you have to be careful before downloading the files. You can check the configuration from Settings > System > About.
You need to follow these steps because Microsoft’s Download Center is designed to force the Media Creation Tool when the website is accessed on a Windows 10 PC.
When you follow the steps above, you are tricking your web browser into believing that you are using a different operating system. Therefore, when you refresh the page in the browser after changing the user agent, the Microsoft site will offer you the Windows 10 ISO instead of the Media Creation Tool.
If you followed the steps correctly, the media image download will start and you can safely close the developer window.
Method 2: Use Media Creation Tool to Create ISO
The Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is also a great way to reinstall the operating system and it can download the necessary files from Microsoft.
To download the ISO using Media Creation Tool, follow these steps:
- In Windows 10, download the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft website (under the Windows 10 Installation Media section). It’s not a big download and it won’t take long to complete.
- Once downloaded, open the Media creation tool to upgrade the current installation or create a bootable flash drive.
- Click on Yes and give it a few minutes to prepare the PC.
- Read the license agreement and click on the Accept button.
- Once done, you will see the “Prepare some items” screen on your PC.
- On the next screen, you can either upgrade the PC directly or create installation media (ISO file) for another PC.
- Select the Create installation media and click on Next button.
- Select Language, architectureand Windows Edition for your ISO image.
- Below “Choose the media to use“, select the ISO file options and press Next. If you want to create a bootable USB drive, select the first option instead.
- Select a location to save your ISO file and click the Save button.
- Once the download is complete, you can close the tool by Media Creation Tool by clicking on the Finish button.
How to Use Windows 10 ISO File
Windows 10 21H2 ISO files can be used in different ways. If the Media Creation Tool and other programs are not working, you can use it to manually install the latest OS update without losing any files/apps.
Before you start with the media file, you should know how it works.
An ISO image contains Windows 10 installation files with the latest cumulative and feature updates.
On Windows 10, there are many tools to open these media files. However, you can still use File Explorer, which comes with built-in functionality to mount the ISO natively without the need for additional third-party software.
To update your device to Windows 10 version 21H2 using ISO files, follow these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the Downloads folder where the ISO image is located.
- Double-click “Win10_21H2_v2_English_x64.iso” file to mount it.
- In the folder, double-click setup.exe.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Click Upgrade this PC.
- The tool will now start checking for quality updates, such as driver or cumulative update and it will be downloaded automatically.
- Select the Keep personal files, programs, and apps option. You’ll have the option to keep everything, but you can choose to keep nothing at all and do a clean install.
- When you are sure of the selections, click “Install” or “Next” and the Windows 10 installation process will begin.
Windows 10’s Setup.exe and Media Creation Tool are the two easiest ways to complete the installation of any feature update. Windows Update and Update Assistant tools can sometimes lag in rolling out new versions, but there’s no stopping you when you download the update manually.
The ISO file is also perfect if you want to install the operating system cleanly or create a USB drive to install Windows 10 on another machine.
How big is the November 2021 Update?
During our testing, we observed that the Windows 10 21H2 ISO size is 5.8 GB, which means it should not be downloaded over a metered/metered data connection. If you’re using your phone, make sure you have at least six gigabytes of data.
It should also be noted that the links will expire after 24 hours and the download will not resume.
As always, you can avoid the hassle of media files and download/install Windows 10 November 2021 Update using Windows Update settings or Update Assistant. This process is faster when you run the May 2021 Update (version 21H1) because the update is based on the activation package.