Edge collections not syncing in Windows 11? Try these fixes
- Sometimes the Collections feature of Microsoft Edge may not sync with your devices if it is not selected in the browser’s sync list.
- To resolve the issue, also make sure that you are signed in with the same account on all of your gadgets.
- Another solution is to sign in with a local account, specifically the Microsoft account.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE
Microsoft Edge has quickly become one of the most powerful web browsers available. The various features and performance awards that it regularly wins are impressive, but one, in particular, stands out for users who need to interact with more devices.
Without a doubt, we are referring to the Microsoft Edge sync feature, which is a useful tool that makes our life much easier.
We would be much slower in our work if we didn’t have it, as we frequently switch from working on a Windows computer to accessing the web on a mobile Android smartphone or iPhone.
Without further ado, here’s how to fix collections syncing in Microsoft Edge on desktops and smartphones, right after seeing what the Collections feature is all about.
What are Microsoft Edge collections used for?
Collecting information from the web, whether you’re shopping, planning a trip, collecting notes for research or lesson plans, or just wanting to pick up where you left off last time you’ve been surfing the Internet, Collections in Microsoft Edge can help you keep track of your thoughts.
It can help you with whatever you do on the internet and it’s possible to sync them across all of your connected devices, so even if you use Microsoft Edge on many devices, your collections will always be up to date on all of them.
In exchange for your consent, Microsoft Edge will look for Pinterest suggestions that you can incorporate into your collections. When you first open the feature, you’ll see an option to turn on Pinterest suggestions.
If there’s related content, you’ll find Pinterest ideas at the bottom of your collection when you scroll down. Selecting a proposal will take you to the Pinterest topic page for that particular topic.
the Show Pinterest suggestions The option will launch a Microsoft Bing search using your collection title to locate related Pinterest topic pages if you’ve enabled this option.
What can I do if the collections won’t sync in Windows 11?
1. Log in with a local account
- press the the Windows key + I to open the Settings the application and go to Accounts in the left panel followed by Your informations on the right side.
- Now scroll down until you meet the Sign in with a local account instead option and click on it.
- Choose your Microsoft accountenter your the password then reboot your computer to apply the changes.
You can test if the Collections feature syncs with your devices after signing in to the same local account on all your other devices as well.
2. Activate collection synchronization from Edge
- Enter Edgeclick on your iconThen choose Manage profile settings under the drop-down panel.
- Now click on the To sychronize option, then scroll down until you come across the Collections and activate the toggle next to it.
Restart Edge, then test if collection sync is working correctly on all of your devices. Again, don’t forget to be signed in with the same account everywhere.
3. Restart the SettingsSyncHost.exe process
- press the CTRL + ALT + TO ERASE buttons on your keyboard simultaneously, and then click Task Manager to open it.
- Now look for the Parameters SyncHost.exe process, click on it and choose Final task.
- Click on To file at the top, then choose the Execute a new task option and type Parameters SyncHost.exe then hit Enter to restart the process.
The SettingsSyncHost.exe process itself may not work correctly in some cases. So, completing the task and restarting it will give it a fresh start and remove any errors along the way.
Why should I use Windows 11 Microsoft Edge?
Edge is the default browser in Windows 11, and it’s the only web browser that can access certain Microsoft-specific links.
You can easily adjust the default settings without much difficulty, but after experiencing what the new Edge has to offer, you might not want more. It also includes a built-in web viewer for applications requiring internet connection, which is provided through the WebView2 component.
Edge versions for various platforms including Android, iOS, Linux, and macOS, in addition to earlier versions of Microsoft’s operating system, are now available. For this reason, you will be able to sync settings and more between all of these platforms starting with Windows 11.
The browser app, like all other Windows 11 software, has been given a facelift. It incorporates the Fluent design language more than Windows 10 and does so to a greater extent than the latter.
Another subtle new design material that the browser uses is called Mica, and it changes the look of an element, such as the title bar, depending on the color of the window or desktop it’s placed on. .
Edge provides simple privacy controls. It is true that with most decisions in life there is a tradeoff: the more secure and private your level of privacy, the less features and functionality you receive from the site.
For some time now, web clipping programs and extensions to organize web search have been available. However, the Collections feature in Edge is one of the simplest and most effective. It is also possible to cut web pages using a button on the top toolbar.
Nowadays, people do a lot of their shopping on the Internet, and the browser provides tools to help them save money. In order to save you from having to search the internet for discount codes for the business sites you visit, Edge will automatically find the discount codes for you.
Learn more about the new design and new features of Microsoft Edge before deciding which web browser to stick with.
But as with everything in life, Edge can run into trouble from time to time. Check out our guide on how to fix Microsoft Edge issues on Windows 11 if you are also having errors with it.
And finally, setting the default browser in Windows 11 is an important step that you should not miss in order for your links to open with the desired app.
Did you find the article useful? Let us know in the comments section below. Thanks for reading!
Start a conversation