The Firefly ITX3588J mini-ITX motherboard with Rockchip RK3588 SoC now has a little sister/brother based on the Rockchip RK3568 quad-core Cortex-A55 processor called ITX-3568JQand designed to power Arm PCs, cloud terminals, industrial controllers, edge computers, advanced NVRs, NAS devices, and more.
Motherboard supports up to 8GB RAM, 128GB eMMC flash memory, offers SATA storage, dual Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi 6, optional 4G or 5G cellular connectivity, can drive up to three displays independent and offers numerous I/O options, including an RS232/ RS485 DB9 connector and a PCIe slot.
Firefly ITX-3568JQ specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3568J Arm Cortex-A55 quad-core processor @ up to 2.0 GHz with Arm Mali-G52-2EE GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0, Vulkan 1.1, 1.0 TOPS NPU, 8MP FAI, 4Kp60 video decoding , 1080p60 H.265/ H.264 video encoding
- System memory – 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB or 8 GB LPDDR4
- 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB or 128GB eMMC flash
- 16MB SPI Flash
- 1x M.2 SATA 3.0 socket for SSD 2242
- 1 SATA3.0 port
- Video output
- 1x HDMI 2.0 up to 4Kp60
- 1x MIPI-DSI up to 1920×1080@60Hz (single channel) or 2560×1440@60Hz (dual channel)
- 1x LVDS interface
- 2 VGA ports up to 1080p60
- Backlight and touch screen interfaces
- Three independent displays supported
- Camera I/F – 1x 4-lane MIPI-CSI or optional 2x 2-lane MIPI-CSI
- 3.5mm earphone audio jack
- 1x speaker output (Class D 10W-8Ω)
- Digital audio output via HDMI
- Microphone head
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports, one with PoE support up to 60W
- WiFi 6 Dual Band 2.4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0
- Optional 5G or 4G LTE modem via mPCIe or M.2 socket respectively
- USB – 4x USB 3.0 ports (1A per port), 3x USB 2.0 interfaces including two via headers (up to 500mA per port)
- Serial – RS485/RS232 DB9 connector
- 2-lane PCIe Gen3 slot
- Header with GPIO, I2C, ADC, UART, CAN Bus, 5V, 3.3V and GND
- Debugging – Debug interface
- Miscellaneous – Heating? header, JM3 cooling fan
- Power source
- 12 V DC via DC jack (5.5 × 2.1 mm), 1.5 A or more recommended
- 12V input via standard 8-pin ATX power interface
- 48V PoE up to 60W
- Energy consumption
- Typical – ~6W (12V/0.5A)
- Max – ~10W (12V/1A)
- Dimensions – 17 x 17 cm (Mini-ITX form factor)
- Weight – Approximately 400 grams
- Temperature – -40°C to +85°C
- Humidity – 10% – 80%
Firefly will provide support for Android 11.0, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, and RTLinux, but the wiki is currently empty. The mini-ITX motherboard is actually equipped with a Rockchip RK3568J system-on-module, which must be a different package from the original RK3568, just like the RK3568B2 found in ODROID-M1.
The motherboard layout is quite different from the Rockchip RK3588-based ITX-3588J mini-ITX motherboard, and instead of using an MXM connector for system-on-module, the company opted for board-to-board connectors instead. . The ITX3568JQ board may also be better suited to a wider range of industrial applications with an operating temperature range of -40°C to 85°C instead of only -20°C to 60°C for the RK3588 board.
While Firefly announced the new board, the ITX-3568JQ is not available for sale online at this time. More details can be found on the product sheet.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 on a part-time basis, before stepping down as Director of Software Engineering and starting writing daily news and reviews full-time later in 2011.