How to Disable Startup Programs in Windows 10/11 2022
This tutorial is about how to disable startup programs in Windows 10/11. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Disable Startup Programs in Windows 10/11. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Disable Startup Programs in Windows 10/11
Along with all the new features in Windows 11, there is one annoying feature that was carried over from its predecessor. Whenever you download a new app, the developer has the option to open it every time you turn on your PC or laptop. It might not be a problem if you always open Chrome or File Explorer, but do you need Spotify or Microsoft Teams immediately every time you sit down? For most people, the answer is a resounding no. Unfortunately, for many apps, autostart on boot is the default setting.
To avoid this, you have to manually disable the feature for each individual app. However, there are three relatively easy ways to do this in Windows 10/11. It is important to manage startup programs in Windows 11/10/8/7 so that they do not have to start every time Windows starts. Most programs add themselves to the startup list, causing your computer to waste resources and possibly run slowly. This article will show you how to disable startup programs in Windows 11/10.
How to Disable Startup Programs in Windows 10/11
How to Prevent Apps from Launching on Startup Through Settings
- Open config.
- Click Apps.
- Click on the home page on the right side.
- Disable the toggle switch to disable launching an application on startup.
- (Optional) Turn on the toggle switch to activate an app on startup.
How to prevent applications from starting on startup via Task Manager
- Open Home.
- Find Task Manager and click on the first result to open the application.
- Click the Home tab.
- Select the application that starts on startup.
- Click the Disable button.
- (Optional) Click the Activate button to activate the application.
How to Prevent Apps from Launching on Startup Through the Startup Folder
- Open Home.
- Find Run and click on the first result to open the application.
- Quick Tip: You can quickly open the “Run” command with the Windows Key + R key combination.
- Type the following command and click the OK button:
- Select the app or shortcut that points to the app.
- Click the Delete button.
Final Words: How to Disable Startup Programs in Windows 10/11
Hope you understand this article How to Disable Startup Programs in Windows 10/11, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.