How to Factory Reset Windows 10 PC Using Command Prompt 2022
This tutorial is about how to factory reset Windows 10 PC using command prompt. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Factory Reset Windows 10 PC Using Command Prompt. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Factory Reset Windows 10 PC Using Command Prompt
The command prompt is an interpreter that can be used to do anything without a GUI. Unsurprisingly, it can also be used to perform a factory reset. However, before starting the actual reset, we recommend that you first back up everything on your PC. This ensures that you have a way to restore everything if something goes wrong during the reboot. A Select an option dialog opens. Here you will see two options: Keep my files and Delete everything.
The first option allows you to leave all your files intact while resetting all your settings. However, the last option will format all your files with the settings, allowing you to start from scratch. The reset can take anywhere from a few minutes to a full hour, so you might have to wait a bit. Select the desired option. You will then be prompted to confirm. Click on it and press Reset.
How to Factory Reset Windows 10 PC Using Command Prompt
- First, open the command prompt. To do this, type “Command Prompt” in the Windows search bar, then click on the Command Prompt app in the search results.
- At the command prompt, type this command and then press the Enter key.
- system reset – factory reset
- The Choose an option menu appears. Here you can choose to remove apps and settings while keeping your files, or you can remove everything. If you want to sell your laptop, you have to remove everything.
- Then decide if you want to just delete your files or delete your files and erase the drive. The former is faster but less secure, while the latter takes much longer (it took my laptop about six hours) but is much more secure.
- Keep in mind that if you delete the files and wipe the drive, it will be harder for someone to recover those files, but it’s not impossible.
- The next screen informs you that the PC is ready to restart. Click “Reset” to begin.
- After the factory reset process is complete, the initial setup screen will appear as if you just took it out of the box.
Final Words: How to Factory Reset Windows 10 PC Using Command Prompt
Hope you understand this article How to Factory Reset Windows 10 PC Using Command Prompt, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.