How to Fix ‘Taskeng.exe Black Screen’ Error on Windows 10 PC 2022
This tutorial is about how to fix “Taskeng.exe Black Screen” error on Windows 10 PC. We will try our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Fix ‘Taskeng.exe Black Screen’ Error on Windows 10 PC. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How To Fix ‘Taskeng.exe Black Screen’ Error On Windows 10 PC
Taskeng.exe, also known as Task Scheduler Engine, is signed by Microsoft Corporation. It is mainly located in the C:WindowsSystem32 folder and is basically found in all Windows operating systems (10/8/7/XP). However, since it is a critical system process, it is also one of the main targets for malware. There are a variety of things that can trigger the taskeng.exe black screen error. The task scheduler engine is considered to be the most important system file responsible for keeping track of the task that is scheduled to run at any given time.
Whenever the user calls or requests a task on the system, the task scheduler engine runs to complete the request. Let’s clarify with an example what I meant by a predefined criterion of Taskeng.exe. Suppose you schedule some task on your computer or run a program at midnight and you don’t want to shut down your computer manually. At this point, the task scheduler engine does the work for you.
How to fix taskeng.exe black screen error
Check if it is a virus or not
As we mentioned earlier, the malware often displayed a taskeng.exe black screen error message to trick users into closing the original taskeng.exe process. The best way to know if the taskeng.exe error you are getting is legit or not, open Task Manager. In Task Manager, find the taskseng.exe process and check the location of the file. The legitimate taskeng.exe process resides in C:WindowsSystem32. If the folder path is anything else, it is malware.
Use Malwarebytes and ADWCleaner
If you have just discovered that ‘taskeng.exe’ is missing from the C:WindowsSystem32 folder, Malwarebytes is one of the best malware scanners available for the Windows operating system. The security tool effectively scans and removes hidden malware and other security threats from the computer. Once downloaded, make sure to run a “full scan” with Malwarebytes.
ADWcleaner is an Adware and PUP removal tool available for free. ADWCleaner will remove adware and browser hijackers from your computer in no time. Like Malwarebytes, ADWcleaner is also a free tool and users need to run a full scan. Once done, restart your computer and “taskeng.exe black screen” will be fixed.
Disable User_Feed synchronization
- First, press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. In the RUN dialog box, enter ‘taskschd.msc’ and press the Enter button.
- Now, in the left panel, right-click on “Task Scheduler Library”, then select View > Show Hidden Tasks
- Now in the task list select User_Feed_Synchronization and then select “History”
- Now in the right panel select the option “Disable”
Run the SFC command
- First, right-click on the Start button and select “Command Prompt (admin)”.
- In the next window, you must enter the command: sfc /scannnow
- Now you have to wait for a few seconds or minutes until the scan is complete. Once done, restart your PC.
Disable Office Background Task Manager Logging
- First, press Windows key + R to open the RUN dialog box. In the RUN dialog box, enter “taskschd.msc” and press Enter.
- Now, in the left panel, right-click on Task Scheduler Library, then select View and enable “Show Hidden Tasks”.
- Now expand the Microsoft folder and then double click on “Office”
- Now select ‘OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration’ then click on ‘Disable’ button.
Final Words: How to Fix “Taskeng.exe Black Screen” Error on Windows 10 PC
Hope you understand this article How to Fix ‘Taskeng.exe Black Screen’ Error on Windows 10 PC, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.