How to fix ‘Windows 10 Photos app not working’ issue 2022
This tutorial explains how to fix “Windows 10 Photos app not working”. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog, How to fix “Windows 10 Photos app not working”. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to fix “Windows 10 Photos app not working”
Microsoft Photos is a photo and video editor developed by Microsoft. It was first introduced in Windows 8 and is also included in Windows 10. You can use this app to view, organize, edit, share your images and photos, play and edit video clips, create albums, and more. With Microsoft Photos video editor, you can crop videos, change filters, text, motion, music, add 3D effects and more.
Sometimes, but not always, Windows 10 updates can cause issues. Some people report that Photos app stops working after Windows 10 upgrade. Similar issues occur like Photos app not opening, Photos app crashes when you try to use it, Photos app not displaying photos etc. publish.
Fix “Windows 10 Photos app not working” issue
Whatever problem you are facing, Windows 10 Photos app not showing photos or Windows 10 Photos app not opening, you can follow the fixes given below to have a try. (The solutions below are listed in order of increasing difficulty.)
Update Windows app and Photos
If the Windows 10 Photos app is not working, the problem is system-related or the Photos app is conflicting with the system, it is a good option for you to update your Windows OS and install it. Photos app on your PC to solve it. the problem.
How to update Windows:
- Press the Windows key and click the Settings icon.
- Choose Update & Security > Windows Update and check for updates.
- Install updates on your Windows PC if new updates are available.
How to update the Photos app:
Go to the Microsoft Store, search for Microsoft Photos and check for updates. Install the latest version of Photos app on your Windows 10 PC if new updates are available.
Reset Photos app on Windows 10 PC
This trick has proven to be effective in fixing the Windows 10 Photos app not working issue. Follow the steps below to reset the Photos app on your Windows 10 PC and see if the issue is resolved.
- Click the Windows key and select Settings.
- Go to System > Apps & features. (Choose Apps in Settings if you can’t find Apps & features in System.)
- Find photos and click on them.
- Choose Advanced Options and click Reset.
Run the App Troubleshooter
Windows provides you with a built-in feature to troubleshoot issues with apps you got from the Microsoft Store, which is the App Troubleshooter. Here’s how to run it.
- Open the Settings app in Windows 10.
- Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Scroll down to click Windows Store Apps and choose Run Troubleshooter.
- Follow the onscreen instructions, restart your computer, and see if the problem persists.
Reinstall the Photos app in Windows 10
The Photos app on your PC may be corrupted, causing the Windows 10 Photos app to stop working. If so, all you have to do is reinstall the Photos app on your PC: first completely remove the Photos app from your computer, then go to the Microsoft Store to reinstall it. Here are the detailed steps to do so.
- Right-click the Windows icon in your taskbar and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- Type the following command in the window and press Enter.
- get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
- Wait for the process to complete and then restart your Windows 10 PC.
- Go to the Microsoft Store on your computer and search for Microsoft Photos.
- Download and install the Photos app on your Windows 10 PC.
Final words: How to fix “Windows 10 Photos app not working”
Hope you understand this article, How to fix “Windows 10 Photos app not working”. If your answer is no, you can ask anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your friends and family to show your support.