How to Restore Files from Recycle Bin in Windows 10 PC 2022 Tip
This tutorial is about how to restore files from Recycle Bin on Windows 10 PC. We will try our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Restore Files from Recycle Bin on Windows 10 PC. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to restore files from Recycle Bin on Windows 10 PC
It is possible to recover an empty trash can, but not without some special tricks. You see, the Recycle Bin is basically a temporary storage area for deleted files. Instead of being immediately deleted from your computer, deleted files are first moved to the Trash, where they wait to be deleted automatically or manually. Of course, you can instantly delete files using the Shift + Delete shortcut, but most users don’t even know that the Shift + Delete shortcut even exists. When you permanently empty the Recycle Bin in Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and earlier versions, the space occupied by files is marked as available, which means other apps can use it to store files. data.
However, until an application uses the freed up space, the original files remain intact, so it is possible to recover files from the Trash after emptying them. Disk Drill for Windows is a professional data recovery solution that runs on Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and earlier versions. Although Disk Drill is designed for regular home users, it is appreciated by businesses around the world for its reliable data recovery algorithms that can recover hundreds of file formats from all popular storage devices.
Recycle Bin Recovery: Recover deleted files from Recycle Bin
Basically, Recycle Bin will keep most deleted files on Windows computers for a certain period of time. You can directly perform recycle bin recovery and recover deleted files in the following cases:
- Files in Recycle Bin are not emptied.
- Files saved in the Recycle Bin are still in the recycling period (1 day, 14 days, 30 days, 60 days).
- Deleted files have been recycled, bypassing the recycle bin.
Steps to recover deleted files or folders from Recycle Bin:
- Open the Recycle Bin by double-clicking its icon on the desktop.
- Find and select the deleted files or folders you need to restore.
- Right-click on the selected item and choose “Restore”.
How to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin after emptying it
If after deleting the files, method 1 will not work. Additionally, if the data has been deleted in the following ways, the files will not be recycled but will be permanently deleted, including:
So, how to recover deleted files after emptying Recycle Bin in Windows 10/8/7? Here, pro: EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can help you. It will thoroughly scan computer drive and recover deleted files from Recycle Bin after emptying it. Apply this recycle bin recovery tool to restore your permanently deleted data now.
Recover (permanently) deleted files from Recycle Bin after emptying:
- To specifically recover files from empty Recycle Bin in Windows 11/10/8/7, hover your mouse pointer over “Recycle Bin” option under “Locations” section and click “Scan”.
- EaseUS data recovery software will immediately start a quick scan for all deleted files and then automatically start a deep scan to scan more lost files. After the scanning process, you can use the “Filter” feature to select a specific file type, such as Images, Word, Videos, etc.
- Once you have located the files you want to restore, you can double click on them for a full preview. Then select the destination files and click “Recover”. We suggest you select a different volume or an external USB drive to save the recovered files to avoid data overwriting.
Recover lost or deleted files from File History backup
If you have created a backup of your deleted files via computer, congratulations and you can recover them on your PC. However, if you haven’t created a backup, nothing will be found. This method only applies to Windows 8/10 users. Here are the detailed steps of:
- Open Control Panel and click to access “File History”.
- Click “Restore Personal Files” on the left panel to open your backup files.
- Use left and right arrows to choose the files you want and click Restore button
Restore files from Windows Backup in Windows 7:
- Click the Start button, select “Control Panel”.
- Then select “System and Security”.
Restore deleted files/folders with previous version
When you have deleted or lost files and folders on your computer, but the recycle bin could not recycle them, you can try to find them in their previous version.
- Open Windows File Explorer on your computer.
- Navigate to the folder used to save deleted content, right-click it and select “Properties”.
- Click “Previous Version” and choose a version older than the date you deleted the file, then click “Restore”.
Final Words: How to Restore Files from Recycle Bin on Windows 10 PC
Hope you understand this article How to Restore Files from Recycle Bin on Windows 10 PC, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.