How to Run Mac OS on Windows PC 2022 Tip
This tutorial is about how to run Mac OS on a Windows PC. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Run Mac OS on a Windows PC. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Run Mac OS on Windows PC
Except for a more streamlined Chromebook experience, there are really only two operating systems to choose from when buying a PC or laptop. Windows is by far the market leader, but that’s partly due to the wide variety of devices that run Microsoft software. The unique design of macOS and its integration with other Apple devices has made it a favorite of many people, although it is only a handful of more expensive devices. What if you could run macOS on a device that appears to be unique to Windows? Apple doesn’t want you to install macOS on a PC, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done. There are plenty of tools to help you create an installer that you can use to install any version of macOS from Snow Leopard on a non-Apple PC.
This leads to what is affectionately called a Hackintosh. Before you begin, note that Apple’s license for macOS specifically prohibits installing it on anything other than a Mac. So if you decide to do it, don’t say we didn’t warn you. The general rule is that you need a machine with a 64-bit Intel processor. You’ll also need a separate hard drive to install macOS, a drive Windows was never installed on. If you intend to run more than the base operating system, you should have at least 50 GB of free disk space.
How to Run Mac OS on a Windows PC
- Click the “Start” menu button in the lower left corner of your PC screen. Select “My Computer”. Right-click on the C: and D: drives of your hard drive and click “Properties”. Open the Tools tab and click “Defrag Now”. This will scan your entire hard drive and rearrange Windows data files to make your hard drive work more efficiently.
- Download the PearPC PowerPC architecture emulator (see Resources below). Depending on your Internet connection, this download may take several hours. PearPC software is open source and free. PearPC will create a Mac hardware emulation on your PC for you to install and run Mac OS.
- Double click on the PearPC file you downloaded. This automatically extracts the contents of the archive to your local hard drive. When the dialog asks you to choose a location, select your desktop.
- Create a disc image of your Mac OS X installation disc. You must have the original installation disc to comply with all legal requirements for installing the Mac operating system. Insert the Mac OS X installation disc into your PC or Mac and open it with a commercial disc copy program (such as Nero or Toast) or the standard disc utility software that came with your computer. Click “File” and select “Create Disc Image”.
- Save the disk image to your PearPC installation folder. If you created the disk image on another computer, use a USB cable, thumb drive, or CD/DVD to transfer the disk image to the Windows PC where you want to install Mac OS.
- Open the PearPC program file that you saved to your desktop. On the welcome screen, click “Create a new configuration file”.
- Follow the installation instructions. PearPC will ask you where to locate the Mac OS X disk image you saved, along with the original PearPC data files (on your desktop). Complete the installation process by clicking “Next” and following each step in the dialog box. Do not close the dialog box until the installation is complete. Once the installation process is complete, the PearPC emulator will place a Mac OS X icon on your Windows desktop.
- Double-click the Mac OS X icon on your desktop. This will open the PearPC emulator and boot your Mac OS X install image disc.
- Follow the Mac OS X installation instructions in the dialog box that appears. The installation disc image works from the PearPC emulator software and will work exactly as if it was running natively on Mac hardware. Since you are using an emulator, Mac OS may not run at the same speed as on a Mac. Therefore, the installation may take several hours.
- Shut down the emulator and restart your PC when the Mac OS installation process is complete. You now have a fully functional copy of the Mac OS X operating system on a Windows computer. Start the emulator and your copy of Mac OS whenever you need to use a Mac program that requires Mac OS.
Final Words: How to Run Mac OS on a Windows PC
Hope you understand this article How to Run Mac OS on a Windows PC, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.