The notes you create in the Apple Notes app are most likely saved in iCloud or locally on your device. In addition to these options, you can also create and save notes to your Google account from the Notes app.
This tutorial shows you how to add your Google or Gmail account to your iPhone, iPad, and Mac and use it as a potential location to store your notes.
How to Save Your Notes to Gmail on iPhone and iPad
Here are the steps to add your Google account to the iOS or iPadOS Notes app:
- Open the Settings and press Remarks.
- Faucet Accounts.
- Faucet Add an account and, in the list of services, press google > Continue. Now sign in with the Google account you want to use.
- After logging in, make sure the toggle for Remarks is activated and press to safeguard.
- Open the Notes app and tap the back button in the top left corner until you see all your folders.
- In Gmail, tap Remarks then press the Compose button to create a new note which will be saved to your Google account.
While you can create text-based and image-based notes in the Gmail section, you cannot add sketches, checklists, tables, or other additional features of the Notes app. For these, you’ll need to create the note in iCloud or the local On My iPhone folder.
You can follow the same steps to add other services like Outlook or Yahoo to the iOS Notes app.
Additionally, you can easily set Google as the default location for all notes you create in the Apple Notes app.
How to Save Your Notes in Gmail on Mac
You may want to add the same Google account in the macOS Notes app, as this will also ensure that any notes you create on your iPhone in the Gmail section will sync with your Mac.
Here’s how to add your Google account on Mac and save notes to it:
- Open System Preferences and click Internet Accounts.
- If you have already added a Google account, select it in the left sidebar and tick Remarks. If no Google account is added, choose google in the list of services and click on Open browser if prompted to view the login page in Mac’s default web browser. If you don’t see the list of services, click the plus (+) button bottom left.
- Use your Google username and password to complete the login. When it says “macOS wants to access your Google account”, click To permit.
- Now go back to the System Preferences window. From here you can uncheck Mail, Contacts and Calendars if you wish. But make sure Remarks is checked and click Ended.
- Open the Remarks app and scroll down the left sidebar. Here you will see the newly added Gmail account. Click on Remarks to add a new note, which will be saved to your Google account.
Apple Notes Saved to Google
Now you know how to add your Google account to your iPhone and create notes on it. You can add this account to your other Apple devices to ensure that Notes sync and stay up to date across all devices. If you have a Windows PC, you can access these notes in Gmail in a web browser.
If you’re using Apple Notes on your iPhone and want to access them on a Windows PC, here are several ways to do so.
About the Author