Bing is Microsoft’s bid in the search engine war, which, despite the software giant’s best efforts, remains somewhat overshadowed by Google. Whether Bing’s search engine is better than Google can be questionable; However, Bing’s random background images, which change daily, at least make it more visually appealing than Google.
Most of Bing’s background images are beautiful architectural, landscape, and wildlife photographs that would make great wallpapers. Do you want to add Bing images to your Windows 10 or 11 desktop? If so, you can do it as shown in the three alternative methods below.
How to add Bing images to a Windows desktop with Bing Wallpaper
If you want your desktop to have a random Bing wallpaper, check out Microsoft’s official Bing Wallpaper app. This software updates the Windows desktop every day with new Bing images. It is free software compatible with Windows 7, 8.1, 10 and 11.
- Open the Bing Wallpaper page on the Microsoft website.
- Select the Install now button.
- hurry Win + E to launch the file explorer.
- Open the folder containing the downloaded BingWallpaper.exe file.
- Double-click on BingWallpaper.exe to open the setup wizard.
- Deselect the Set MSN as Home Page and Set Microsoft Bing as the default search engine checkboxes if you prefer.
- Click it Install now option.
The Bing Wallpaper program will automatically start and add a current image from Microsoft’s search engine to your desktop. To browse different images of the big M’s search engine on your desktop, right-click on the Bing Wallpaper system tray icon. Then you can click on the Change wallpaper option left and right arrows to select other Bing photos.
You will also notice the Activate daily refresh from the Bing Wallpaper pop-up menu. If you want your Bing wallpaper to change automatically every day, turn this option on. Disabling this setting will keep the current background on your desktop.
How to save Bing images with Bing wallpaper downloader
Microsoft’s Bing Wallpaper app does not allow you to save your favorite images from the big M’s search engine. If you want to create a collection of Bing wallpaper image files, check out the Bing app Wallpaper Download. With this MS Store app, you can both download and apply current images from Microsoft search engine to your desktop as follows.
- Open the Start menu and select the Microsoft Store app.
- Type Bing wallpaper download in the app’s search box.
- Select the Bing Wallpaper Download search result.
- Then click To have to download and install the app.
- Then open the Bing Wallpaper Download app. Its window shows you the current Bing image that you can save and add to your desktop.
- Click it See more button at the bottom right of the application window.
- Select the Define the folder option to choose a folder in which to download the Bing wallpaper.
- Then click To download to save the wallpaper and add it to the desktop.
You can still view your downloaded Bing wallpaper collection by clicking on the app Open file button. With these saved images, you can set up a Bing slideshow with photography software or add them to your desktop through Settings. Or you can add these images to the background of your lock screen.
If you want the application to start automatically with Windows, click the button See more button. To select Settings to bring up the window below. There, turn on the Startup task option. Activate the Autoplay the setting there will configure the application to read image details on its window.
How to manually download wallpaper directly from Bing
You can also download Bing background images directly from the search engine. Without any additional software, you will have to manually add the wallpapers saved on the Windows 11 desktop with Settings. This is how you can download the background images directly from Bing.
- Open Bing in your favorite browser software.
- Click left () and right (>) on the Bing arrow buttons to choose a background image.
- Then select the Download this image (down arrow) in the photo details area.
- Unless you’ve changed your browser settings, the photo will likely download to your Downloads folder by default. So, open that folder, or the one your browser downloaded the image to, to find and view the photo.
As mentioned before, you will need to change the Windows 11 background through Settings. You can simply add a single downloaded wallpaper or set up a desktop slideshow of your favorite Bing images. A desktop slideshow automatically cycles through a collection of images at specified intervals. You can set up a Bing desktop slideshow in Windows 11 as follows.
- Right click on the desktop and select Personalize.
- To select Fund on the Customization tongue.
- Click on Slideshow on the Customize your background scrolling menu.
- press the Browse to open a Select Folder window.
- Select the folder where you downloaded all of your Bing images. Make sure the folder only includes the images you want in the slideshow.
- Click it Choose this folder option.
- To change the length of time the slideshow displays each wallpaper, click the button Change image all scrolling menu. Then select a time option from this menu.
- Close the Settings app.
Now your desktop will automatically display all the Bing images in your slideshow. The slideshow will display each image for the length of time you selected it. If you can’t wait for the wallpaper to change automatically, right click on the desktop and select the Next wallpaper option. Then you will see the next Bing image in the slideshow on the desktop.
If you prefer to have only one Bing wallpaper, select the Picture from the Customize your background drop-down menu. press the Browse photos , select a downloaded Bing image, and click Choose image. Then click on the Bing photo in Recent Images to select the wallpaper.
Make your Windows 11 desktop shine with photography from Bing
Microsoft doesn’t just pick old photos for its Bing search engine. It brings together Bing’s background images from renowned photographers around the world. So, you can add a wide variety of world-class photographs to the Windows 11 desktop with the aforementioned Bing wallpaper apps or by directly downloading background images from this search engine. Keep in mind, however, that uploaded Bing photographs are copyrighted which you may not use for commercial purposes without the required permission.
Are you fed up with Bing giving its spam review when you want to search your computer? Here’s how to remove it.
About the Author