How to Use SharePlay in FaceTime on macOS Monterey 2022
This tutorial is for using SharePlay in FaceTime on macOS Monterey. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Use SharePlay in FaceTime on macOS Monterey. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to use SharePlay in FaceTime on macOS Monterey
SharePlay is part of iOS 15.1, iPadOS 15.1, and macOS Monterey 12.1. If you haven’t recently updated your Apple devices, you must do so first to take advantage of the new feature. To check your current version, go to Settings, General, About and check the software version on your iPhone or iPad. If it shows 15.1 or later, you’re done. On Mac, go to the Apple icon in the menu bar and click About This Mac. If you see version 12.1 or later, you can now access SharePlay. If your software is outdated, don’t worry. First, back up your devices. Our guide here outlines the process for iPhones and iPads. On Mac, open System Preferences after hovering over the Apple icon, click Apple ID and select iCloud Drive. Make sure everything you want to back up is checked.
Then, on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings, General, Software Update and follow the steps to install the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. On Mac, go to System Preferences, Software Update, then click Update Now. SharePlay is a feature built into Apple’s FaceTime video calling app. It’s on by default, but you can make sure it’s on by going to Settings, FaceTime, SharePlay on iPhone and iPad. On Mac, open FaceTime, go to menu bar, click FaceTime, Preferences and SharePlay.
How to Enable SharePlay in FaceTime on Your Mac
To get started, you first need to make sure SharePlay is enabled on your macOS Monterey device. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Start FaceTime on your Mac.
- Now click on the FaceTime menu in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Then select Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Next, navigate to the SharePlay tab.
- Here, make sure the SharePlay box is checked. This means you can now use apps, listen to music, or watch movies with your friends using SharePlay over FaceTime.
How to use SharePlay to watch movies with friends
- To get started, open the FaceTime app on your Mac and start a FaceTime video call. Alternatively, you can create a link and share it with your friends to join the Watch Party.
- Once all your friends have joined, go to one of the compatible apps listed above. We demonstrate the steps to share your screen to FaceTime using the Apple TV app on my macOS Monterey device.
- Then a SharePlay pop-up notification will appear saying “Choose content to use SharePlay”.
- Now, when you start playing a movie or TV show, another pop-up window appears with several options. From this pop-up window, click “Share” to let everyone on the call stream and watch the movie together.
- All participants in the FaceTime call will now receive an alert to join the watch party. Now they have to tap the “Join SharePlay” alert to watch the movie, TV show, documentary, or whatever they decide to stream together.
Final Words: How to Use SharePlay in FaceTime on macOS Monterey
Hope you understand this article How to Use SharePlay in FaceTime on macOS Monterey, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.